Text Notification System-Terms and Conditions
The Municipality of the District of Shelburne will use the third-party Simple Text System to promote and advertise programs, services, and events that we offer and as a way to communicate with participants who are registered for a program. The Municipality of the District of Shelburne means the staff, directors, officers and volunteers.
By subscribing to our Text Notification Service, provided through Simple Texting you agree to the following terms and conditions:
What information is collected?
- Your phone number when you subscribe to the Text Notification Service
- Any information you provide in a reply to the Municipality of the District of Shelburne through the Text Notification Service.
- Your name and phone number when you agree to be signed up manually by the Recreation and Parks Department at the time of a program registration
How Information will be collected?
- Information is provided to us directly from individuals who directly subscribe to the Text Notification Service or give consent to the Municipality of the District of Shelburne through program registration forms to be signed up to receive text notifications.
How information will be used?
- To send texts about programs and services that you have subscribed to;
- To respond to your texts;
- To provide you with information related to a program that you are registered for.
Who will information be shared with?
How can you update your information or cancel text notifications?
- You can update your information or cancel text notifications by contacting the Recreation and Parks Department at 902-875-3544 ext 229
- You can opt out of receiving further text notifications by replying ‘Stop’ to one of the text messages.
Our Text Notification Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not subscribe to the service.