Mental Health Services
If you need help with a mental health and addictions concern, this team is here to help.
Call toll-free 1-855-922-1122
We are available to take your call Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*The line has voicemail-only evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
NEED HELP NOW?
- Mental Health Crisis Line 1-888-429-8167 (toll-free) Available 24 hours, seven days a week
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 (toll-free) Available 24 hours, seven days a week
- Or call 911 or go to your closest emergency department.
What can you expect when you call 1-855-922-1122?
Our clinicians will ask questions that help determine what services and supports best meet your needs. The call may take 30 minutes and you may be asked for your Health Card Number.
Who else can make a referral?
Your doctor, other health care professionals, a community agency or families can make a referral.
WARM LINE - 1-833-927-6546
Tuesdays and Fridays, 12-8pm; Wednesdays, 4:30-8pm
A warm line is an alternative to a crisis line that is run by “peers,” generally those who have had their own experiences of trauma that they are willing to speak of and acknowledge.
What Can I Expect When I Call?
- A trained peer-support volunteer will answer - someone who has been screened and interviewed, and specifically trained to listen.
- They will refrain from offering advice, but will listen with empathy, while helping you to identify the helps, supports, strengths and resources you already have at your disposal.
- They will also be able to provide contact information for mental health supports in Shelburne County.
- A Warm Line is NOT A CRISIS LINE. (The goal is intervention and support prior to reaching a point of crisis). If you call and are in crisis, the volunteer will call an appropriate crisis line - other than actually dialing the number, you will be able to hear everything as the transfer is made - and your call will be transferred so that you are able to receive adequate intervention.
- Expect your call to last no more than 20-30 minutes, generally.
- It is a toll-free number, which means you will not incur any phone charges of your own for calling.
- All calls are confidential and anonymous. Even if you say your own name, it will never be recorded. It is possible that you may be asked a couple of brief survey questions at the end of your call - simply to compile data about use and effectiveness of the warm line. Again, no identifying information will be asked for or recorded.