Health & Wellness Information
Mental Health Resources - Nova Scotia
- Created: Saturday, 28 March 2020 15:28
A new virus like COVID-19 can create fear and anxiety. It is important to take care of your mental health and be aware of resources that can help yourself and others.
- If you or a family member needs help with a mental health and addictions challenge, and would like to self-refer to a mental health and/or addictions clinic, service, program through the Nova Scotia Health Authority or IWK Health Centre, call 1-855-922-1122, Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- If you or someone you care about is experiencing a mental health or addictions, crisis, please phone the Mental Health Mobile Crisis Line (available 24/7) at 902.429.8167 or 1.888.429.8167, or call 911
- Young people up to age 20 can contact the Kids Help Phone 24/7 to speak with a trained counsellor.
- Text CONNECT to 686868
- Nova Scotians 18+ who want help with anxiety and depression can access the ICAN Anxiety Program, which provides access to a secure website, weekly telephone support from a coach and more
To self-refer, go to: https://login.strongestfamilies.com/folder/1963/