The Municipality of Shelburne partners with the Town of Shelburne and the Town of Lockeport on delivering a number of services to its residents. The Inspection Department is a division of Shared Services.
The inspection department is responsible for:
- All aspects of Building and Demolition, including but not limited to, issuing permits and carrying out required inspections
- Civic Numbering: issuing new civic numbers and maintaining existing ones.
- Fire inspections: protection of life and property through the prevention of fire
- Subdivisions: review and approve subdivisions
- Development and Zoning: ensure that all development and zoning in the Municipality of Shelburne meets applicable by-laws
- The Town of Shelburne and Town of Lockeport are responsible for their own development by-laws