Roseway Hospital is a community hospital serving about 15,000 Shelburne County residents with primary care services, inpatient, ambulatory and emergency care.
Nineteen inpatient beds include acute medical care, convalescent, cardiac care, pediatrics and care for people awaiting long-term care placement.
Roseway Hospital Site Manager
PO Box 610
- Main number: 902-875-3011
- ER department, patient inquiries: 902-875-4390 (fax: 902-875-1428)
- Patient calls: 902-875-2696
- Mental Health: 902-875-4200
- Addiction Services: 902-875-8645
- Public Health: 902-875-2623
Click here for information regarding temporary ER closures at Roseway Hospital.
Collaborative Care Clinic
A collaborative family practice team includes family doctors, nurse practitioners, family practice nurses, and other health professionals working together to provide comprehensive care for patients.
A collaborative family practice team provides:
- Comprehensive care – the team provides a full range of health care, from basic wellness check-ups to managing complex conditions.
- Accessible care – the team works to offer appointments at various times that best meet the needs of patients.
- Coordinated care – patients see the right health care provider for their needs.
- Continuity of care – patients see the same team of providers throughout their life, building a medical history and trusting relationship over time.
- Community-oriented care – the team works to meet the specific health needs of patients, and of the community.
Primary Health Care is working to create more and strengthen existing collaborative family practice teams across the province. Having access to a primary care provider, such as a family doctor or nurse practitioner, is important to all of us for our health and wellness.
Living Without a Family Doctor?
If you don’t have a family doctor or nurse practitioner, please register with Need a Family Practice.
Primary Care Clinic for Patients Without a Primary Care Provider
The Shelburne Family Practice now offering a limited number of appointments Monday through to Friday. Starting January 7, 2020, patients can book appointments starting each Tuesday for the upcoming week (Wednesday through to the following Tuesday) by calling the practice at 902-875-2321.
Patients using this service will be seen by either a family doctor or nurse practitioner and the LPN. This clinic is being set up to provide primary care for people without a family physician or nurse practitioner living in Shelburne County. The health care provider who sees the patient will NOT become the person’s regular family doctor or nurse practitioner.
This is NOT a walk-in clinic and people cannot walk-in for an appointment.
Anyone with an emergency should go to the Emergency Department or call 911.
Senior Assisted Living Facilities
Shelburne County has three large homes that provide Senior Citizens a place then can feel protected and obtain the assistance they require to enable them to continue comfortable daily living.
1604 Lake Rd.
96 Bayside Dr.
Barrington, Nova Scotia
Surf Lodge Nursing Home
73 Howe Street, PO Box 160
Lockeport, Nova Scotia