Budget Information 2021/2022
Warden's 2021-22 Budget Address
March 30, 2021
As we enter into the first full fiscal year of a four-year mandate, we are pleased to outline the plans and priorities that the 52nd Council of the Municipality of the District of Shelburne will undertake in the 2021-22 fiscal year.
The five priorities as follows will see the Municipality investing not only for today but in our future.
1. Design and Construction of a new municipal building
2. Development of an Eastern Shelburne County Accessibility Plan and accessibility upgrades to Welkum Park
3. Investment in Health Care
4. Developing and Investing in a plan for the C&D site
5. Investment in Economic Development
The Municipality’s 2021-22 operating budget is set at $7,553,882. Its capital budget is set at $3,738,000. Council will maintain the current residential and resource tax rate of $1.26 per $100 of assessment and current commercial tax rate of $1.82 per $100 of assessment.
Council will continue to fund reserves contributing $209,798 to the capital reserves. Council will also maintain the interest rate charged on tax bills at 10% - a rate that was reduced from 14% last fiscal to aid residents and businesses during the pandemic.
View the complete version of the 2021-2022 Budget Summary.