COVID-19 Press Releases
Additional Municipal Measures To Help Reduce The Spread Of The Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Created: Tuesday, 17 March 2020 16:29
Shelburne County NS, - This morning, all five municipal units in Shelburne County, involving the Mayors/Wardens, senior staff, Emergency Measures Operations (EMO) personnel and a staff representative from EMO NS, met again via teleconference to discuss the implementation of additional measures to reduce the spread of the virus all while continuing to provide essential services.
In light of the rapidly evolving effects of the virus, the following steps are being implemented as of 4:30 p.m. today, March 17, 2020:
- All municipal offices will be closed until April 6, 2020. This closure will be reassessed as necessary.
- All non-essential services, such as by-law enforcement, shall be reduced, in favor of more critical municipal services.
- All recreation related activities are suspended until further notice.
- All municipal related travel is suspended until further notice.
- Interest charges for the month of March are being waived.
The municipal units will continue to operate and provide the essential services to its residents. We urge residents to check with their local unit to understand which services will continue and in which manner they will served. Here are pdf additional Measures to Help Reduce the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (115 KB) .
We want to remind our residents that this is a time in which we need to come together and think about each other. Helping our neighbors and those most vulnerable, along with our personal safety is necessary. There is no doubt that these challenging times can cause anxiety and stress but there is no need to panic. The residents of Shelburne County are resilient, considerate and supportive which will all help make the best of this situation.
Finally, being prepared and staying informed is vital and we encourage everyone to go to the Province's reponse to COVID-19.